Migrant Workers - Getting help as a UNISON Member


Migrant workers working in the UK should receive equal pay to British workers doing the same job and must be paid at least the national minimum wage.

They are protected by UK employment laws, have the right to be paid annual leave and statutory sick pay, and must pay tax and national insurance.

Migrant workers are people who come from other countries to work in the UK. Migrant workers include seasonal workers, full-time and part-time employees, and contract or self-employed workers.

If  you need help with your immigration visa, please contact UNISON Direct on 08000 857 857, giving them your name, membership number and contact details.  They will ask a Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (JCWI) to make contact with you to discuss your issues.

More information can be found by clicking on the links below.


Join UNISON in just 3 minutes - all you
need is your bank details and you’re set.

Join now

Need help?

Find out who to contact for help, or where
to find the information you need.

Tel: 01244 346894